Friday, February 27, 2015

My Theme Song

So I have a theme song. Yep. It's been mine for a while. And I'm sure for others too. It's a great song.
Can you guess what it is?
Yes, He Knows My Name by Francesca Battistelli.
As y'all know, I'm pretty ashamed of my past. And I can sometimes feel depressed because of it. But as you also know, I'm trying to let go of that depression and accept my past and go on. Lately, I've been thinking about it. Every time I think about it, I don't feel the guilt and shame that I used to. There is so much going around Pinterest in my feed about acceptance of the past, going on, God's love, so on and so forth. I've been crying every time I see it, not because I feel guilty but because I know it's true and that I accept God's love for me despite what I've done. I've been listening to my song by Francesca Battistelli and Suitcases by Dara Maclean and other songs about God's love. When celebrities say that they love you, like what Bethany Mota tells you in every video, I feel loved. They love me even when they don't know me. That's just so amazing to me!! But I have the best friends in the world too. They know what I've done, and they still stick around through thick and thin. And God is sticking around too, even though he knows what I've done.
That's why I love this song so much. It confirms and shouts God's love for me. That I don't have to hold onto this shame and guilt anymore.
You can find the words anywhere online. Just Google it!!!:)
It was when I first heard this song, that I finally started accepting my past. And I'm well on my way.

Btw, in future posts, I will be mentioning a lot of my past. My past has a lot to do with my personality nowadays, how I think, how I behave, my emotions, etc. They will deal mainly with what God thinks of us all. And how I should defeat the monsters of insecurity, how to accept things, depression, and so on.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I know that my past too has shaped who I am today, and I once was ashamed of it, but now that I know I have found true forgiveness and freedom in Christ, I have no worries. i love that song too, it's just so good. Though, I'd have to say my theme song is I Am Not Alone by Kari Jobe. It's so comforting.

    Haha, you were definitely right about Beth! that's definitely what she says in every video...that she believes in you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I have not heard that song by Kari Jobe. I'll have to listen sometime.

      Delete

I love hear comments. Drop by again, and remember to not swear and not criticize others.