Monday, March 2, 2015

Childlike Faith

Faith. Wow. It's so easy to say, but even harder to live out. Don't you think? Last night at church was testimony night. One of the older men, he teaches a Bible study, was saying that he wanted his faith to be more childlike. At first I was like "Wait. That doesn't sound right." But then I thought about what Jesus said, "if you have faith like this child..." and I was like "oh yeah". He then said all the Bible knowledge doesn't get us closer to God. When we have all this information about Him, it messes up our thoughts. We begin to fit God into this box and understand him limitedly. And I realized, maybe that's why I'm feeling so far away from God right now. I've been limiting him to this box, and when I pray I haven't been asking for what I would like. Like I only pray for the big things. That God doesn't care about the little things in life, he's too big for that. But, he doesn't do only the big things, He does little things.
I had been fitting him into this limiting box. And I'd been falling away from God for a long time. I hadn't been realizing it either. I didn't realize it until last night. But I told God that I knew I was wrong to do that. I confessed my sins, and repented. I'd been feeling apart from God, and I'd been trying to get closer. But I realized, I don't have to try so hard. I just have to do it, and get right with God. Let go of the sin that's holding you back. Run to Jesus and trust him.
Childlike faith is trusting God like a child trusts his parents. Trusting him no matter what comes ahead. To lay down the distractions of life even though it may seem like you can't live without it. Like Pinterest or Facebook or a certain TV show our Twitter or whatever it may be. If you ever feel like you're falling back search your life to see if there are any distractions in your life influencing you. And let them go.
Just LET IT GO, LET IT GO, CAN'T HOLD ON ANYMORE, LET IT GO, LET IT GO THROW AWAY AND SLAM THE DOOR, I DON'T CARE WHAT THEY'RE GOING TO SAY. LET GOD'S PLAN TAKE WING, HIS PLAN NEVER BOTHERED ME ANYWAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hear comments. Drop by again, and remember to not swear and not criticize others.